How to volunteer to make a difference in Georgia’s Dec. 6 Senate Runoff Election:
Raphael Warnock’s race is a critical one. This is approved information from the Warnock campaign, the Democratic Party of Georgia, and America Votes Georgia.
* Highest priority for Georgia residents -- poll watching! Please sign up asap if you can help: Georgia Runoff On-Demand Poll Watcher Virtual Training: https://www.mobilize.us/gavotes/event/543684/
* Raphael Warnock campaign (make calls, knock doors, help protect the vote; remote and in-person opportunities):
- In-state and out-of-state individual volunteers: https://secure.ngpvan.com/okWijBNa7kiWFyngCpBGsQ2
* Democratic Party of Georgia (make calls, knock doors; remote and in-person opportunities):
- Highest-priority opportunities: https://www.mobilize.us/georgiademocrats/
- In-state and out-of-state phone banking: https://www.mobilize.us/gavotes/event/488467/
- Out-of-state form for travelers who want to come to Georgia to knock doors: https://forms.gle/HykbjWZK5Q8Kdgf57
How to donate to make a difference in #Georgia’s Dec. 6 Senate Runoff Election! Raphael Warnock’s race is a critical one for the entire country and most especially for the people of Georgia.
Here’s a list of some of the many Georgia-based organizations that are doing critical runoff election work right now.
* 1000 Women Strong:
* Black Voters Matter:
* Democratic Party of Georgia:
* Democratic Party County Committees:
* Environ. Voter Project:
* Fair Fight Action:
* Georgia Alliance for Progress:
* Georgia Coalition for the People's Agenda:
* New Georgia Project:
* Power the Vote:
* Young Democrats of Georgia:
@TonyStark They are silent on the issue because many of them are white supremacists but try to appear more mainstream. The fact that Trump keeps denying he knew who Fuentes is, that he just showed up with Kanye, as opposed to denouncing Fuentes’ and his views, is all the world needs to see to know where Trump and his party stand. They did the same after Charlottesville when he said there were “very fine people” on both sides. They are the KKK without the hoods. No difference.
It really goes to show you who Republicans are that almost all Congressional Republicans (once again) do not denounce white supremacist extremism in society as a whole let alone denounce the depraved extremism of their party’s own members. Omission is complicity in the violence and especially in the rhetoric that leads to it.
Congressional Republicans were largely silent after POLITICO revealed Donald Trump dined with white supremacist Nicholas Fuentes:
Unfortunately I have to stop actively working on #Metatext for a while due to health issues. I really wish I could implement Mastodon 4 features and squash every bug, but it's not possible for me to do so right now.
I know the app has become important to a lot people, so I'm open to a new maintainer who can carry on its values of privacy and accessibility taking it over if there's interest and a fit. Email email@example.com if you (or your organization) are interested
* Georgia WIN List
* Georgia Working Families Party
* Georgia Youth Justice Coalition
* Indivisible Georgia Coalition
* Migrant Equity Southeast
* New Georgia Project
* Power the Vote
* Rep GA
* SONG Power
* We Vote. We Win.
* Women Engaged
* Young Democrats of Georgia
Many of these organizations also have volunteer opportunities available especially on the ground if that’s possible. Help and donate if you can or help spread the word about how to volunteer or vote on December 6th for Warnock. 3/3
* Common Cause Georgia
* Democratic Party of Georgia
* Democratic Party County Committees https://www.georgiademocrat.org/county-committees/
* Environmental Voter Project
* Fair Fight Action
* Georgia Alliance for Progress
* Georgia Coalition for the People's Agenda
* Georgia Conservation Voters Action Fund
* Georgia Equality
* Georgia Muslim Voter Project
Raphael Warnock’s Senate runoff race (Dec 6) is once again a critical one for the entire country and Georgians. Help him and them win again by supporting these Georgia-based organizations.
These are organizations doing critical election work right now across the state specifically to get out the vote for the runoff with a special emphasis on organizations that focus on and are led by women and people of color. Even a small donation will make a difference. These are the people on the ground who know how to get out the vote.
* 1000 Women Strong
* ACLU of Georgia
* Albany Voter's Coalition
* America Votes Georgia Runoff Fund https://secure.actblue.com/donate/forcemultiplier2022avgeorgiarunoff
* Asian American Advocacy Fund
* Asian Americans Advancing Justice-Atlanta
* Black Voters Matter Fund
https://blackvotersmatterfund.org 1/3 #WarnockForGA
Russia remains the number one security threat to America. Instead of complaining about how much we're spending (which is a drop in the bucket compared to our national defense budget), we need to remember the great debt of gratitude to #Ukraine that we owe to them for standing firm in the face of terror, making enormous sacrifices that we can't even imagine, and systematically dismantling the greatest threat to both America and world peace as a whole.
Yep! It's the Black Friday sale that's on for ONE MORE DAY! If you're a registered Georgia voter living overseas, ACT NOW to make your voice heard. Today is the last day to request your ballot as an overseas voter. Request your ballot here: https://bit.ly/3TVZPVq #VoteFromAbroad #Politics #USpol #GApol #GArunoff #USpolitics
Some brands to avoid on Cyber Monday if you oppose Tucker Carlson and Fox News are WeatherTech, Sling TV, TempurPedic, STIHL, and SimpliSafe. They are all current sponsors of Fox News Channel, which frequently promotes right wing conspiracy theories. Good alternatives exist for most of these products. You can browse the full list of current Fox News sponsors on our website: http://whoadvertiseson.org/foxnews/
Right now, my top pet peeve about Mastodon is people are still cross-posting content from the #birdsite.
I get it, we also miss it. But it's dead, and Elmo killed it. So let's create conversation here, rather than constantly looking back like some sort of technological Lot.
@TonyStark Got the call from Gwinnett County Board of Elections. I’ll be working the local poll on 12/6. Looking forward to it!
Admin of democracy.town. Whatever it takes.
Member of the Democratic majority.
Welcome to democracy.town, a Mastodon instance focused on United States politics, run by and for progressives.